Thursday, February 24, 2011

David Beckham

          Like I said before, there are many different teams and players that play professional soccer. For example, David Beckham; he is currently on the England team but he will be returning to the LA Galaxy team next month after he trains with the Spurs. Beckham has a guaranteed $6.5-million salary a year in his 5-year LA Galaxy contract. Did you know…David Beckham also has a blog that he updates everyday!
David Beckham:  “I hope I become a better player day after day. This is one of my goals. I want to improve in every situation, but when you are playing along with top figures, it is a quality bonus and a bigger effort. Besides, the Spanish Liga also gives you the chance to progress and improve.”
I chose this quote because it is inspirational. It tells you not to give up on yourself and not to quit. It tells you to give it your all and improve yourself everyday. Go up against the best and you’ll improve within time.
          David Beckham is one of the top soccer athletes I know other than Mia Hamm. Mia Hamm actually wrote a book on her daily routines and workout logs and her experience. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the chance to finish the book because I lost it. But from what I read, she gave it her all and tried everyday. She put her heart and effort and hard work on the field twenty-four-seven.
          If everyone who is serious about soccer and wants to get better everyday, you have to commit. You have to put your heart out on the field and give your all twenty-four-seven. Soccer is an amazing sport and you’d be surprised on how fun you’d have when you step foot on that field. Because when you do, it’s a whole other ball game!


    photo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment